MDI may collect a range of information from you when you access, use, register, or otherwise participate in activities on the Sites. In order to use all of the functionality of the Sites, you may be asked to provide personal information. Information about you collected by MDI includes, but is not limited to the following (hereinafter referred to as “User Information”):
- Name, address, email address, and/or phone number.
- Internet activity, identifiers, or location information, including, without limitation, device type, IP address, use or interaction with the Sites, web browser type, dates, times, and locations of actions, and merchandise or content viewed or downloaded, by using cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technology.
- Inferences regarding your preferences or other characteristics.
MDI collects, maintains, discloses, uses, and shares User Information as provided below. MDI does not control the privacy policies or practices of third parties and is not responsible for the information they may collect or the content of their sites. You should review the specific privacy policies of third parties for more information.
- Provide, operate, process, or complete the Sites or Services.
- Legitimate business purposes and to enhance or develop business operations.
- Identify or verify proper access to the data and functions within the Sites.
- Communicate with or contact you as necessary to provide support, answer questions, or other communications.
- Present relevant or personalized marketing, special offers, promotions, coupons, surveys, and advertisements.
- For the purpose for which you are providing the information.
- Engage third party service providers including, but not limited to, those providing analytics, employment application processors, social media, and fraud prevention.
- Research, market analysis, or product enhancement.
- As required by law, regulation, court order, or other regulatory requirements.
- Protect the rights or property of MDI, its employees, customer, or other individuals, entities, partners, affiliates, providers, or licensors.
- Prevent harm or loss or respond to an emergency situation.
- In connection with actual or suspected illegal activities and investigations thereof.
- Analyze and monitor website traffic and improve website performance.
- Operating and improving the technology platforms.
- Share information about your use of Sites with our affiliates in social media, advertising, and analytics.
MDI retains the right to disclose User Information (i) when required to do so by law, (ii) when acting on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or property of MDI, its employees, customers, or other individuals, or (iii) in responding to an emergency situation.
Subject to limits imposed by applicable law, MDI reserves the right to retain your User Information for any reasonable business purpose or as reasonably useful or needed until such time that MDI, in its sole discretion, decides to remove such data, even in the event you elect to opt out of marketing communications. MDI reserves the right to remove User Information at any time from its records as appropriate in the sole discretion of MDI.
You may choose not to provide information when requested; however, in the event you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to utilize certain features, functionality, or offerings available from the Sites. You may also opt out of receiving electronic communications, correct and update your information, or cancel your account. To opt out of receiving electronic communications, please follow the “Unsubscribe” link in the email communication provided in the materials you received from MDI.
MDI maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your nonpublic information and uses various virus protection, firewalls, and activity logs as additional security mechanisms. While MDI takes various security measures to protect the privacy of any information you submit, we cannot guarantee that computer hackers, security failures, or other attacks will not compromise your User Information.
In the event MDI goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your User Information may be among the assets transferred. You will be notified by means of a notification posted on this site for at least thirty (30) days of any such change in the ownership or control of your User Information.
Children Privacy Protection
MDI does not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 years old. Parents or guardians who believe that a child has provided personal information without their consent should contact Customer Service at (828) 725-4100. If MDI becomes aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided information, such information will be deleted.
Changes and Updates